I love cauliflower. I don’t think I’ve had a form of cauliflower I did not like but one method of making this delicious veggie has evaded my kitchen for far too long. It’s so simple, it takes a little effort to make and is packed full of flavor. Smashed cauliflower!
yields roughly 1 1/2 – 2 cups
- 1 package (12 oz) frozen cauliflower (I used Steamfresh Lightly Seasoned Garlic Cauliflower)
- 1 cup organic low sodium chicken broth (I used Nature’s Basket)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use Sargento 4 State Shredded Cheddar)
Pot or high edged pan, measuring cups, strainer, mixing bowl, potato masher or immersion blender
- Bring 1 cup chicken broth to a boil.
- Place cauliflower carefully in the boiling chicken broth and continue to boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Strain the cauliflower to remove any excess liquid.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl and begin to mash them with the potato masher or use an immersion blender for extra smooth texture.
- Add cheeses and mix thoroughly.
Yum, that’s it! If you are using plain cauliflower feel free to add seasonings, butter, garlic, rosemary, etc to give it even more flavor. I used a lightly garlic seasoned cauliflower and it had just the right amount of flavor.